What is Spraywise Decisions?
- an innovative internet service that helps rural landholders and contractors to better plan and match the timing of chemical applications to prevailing local weather conditions;
- supported by Nufarm for the exclusive use of its Australian customers, agricultural retail chains and other interested users;
- represents a significant addition to the suite of products which any user can purchase, especially Nufarm’s Top Cropper program participants who can redeem loyalty points, remit an annual cash payment or a combination of both;
- developed and continues to be maintained under contract by FluroSat.
What can it do for me?
- predicts weather on your farm up to 14 days ahead and records last 14 days of weather;
- provides 3 hourly forward estimates of rainfall, temperature, wind direction, wind speed and relative humidity for the next 7 days, 12 hourly forward estimates for the following 7 days, evapotranspiration and recent weather as daily values;
- presents weather parameters as graphical meteograms, tables, maps and animations;
- combines weather parameters to derive Delta T values in the manner depicted in the accompanying diagram as a guide to the suitability of prevailing conditions for spraying;
- provides 5 day sunrise and sunset times as a guide to determine spraying activities.
Why is it unique?
Spraywise Decisions is the only service of its kind that:
- uses advanced spatial interpolation techniques to generate parameter specific weather data for the nearest 1 km2 grid cell anywhere across Australia;
- provides access to a virtual weather station and generates forecasts for each paddock;
- incorporates a user-friendly Spray Planner to convey condition suitability assessments each hour for the next 5 days using red, orange or green traffic light colours and risk specific symbols;
- presents data for a selection of weather parameters in chart, table, daily map and animated form for the last and next 14 days;
- streams live images from radar stations operated by the Bureau of Meteorology, national synoptic charts and cloud maps every 6 hours for the last 3 to 4 days;
- features password protected access, auto-positioning, multi-date satellite imagery, user selectable map theme overlays, real-time display of geographic co-ordinates and viewing scale, unrestricted nation-wide zoom, pan, feature identification, point selection and editing functionality;
- offers uncluttered viewing, user friendly layout and fingertip control over functionality.